Thursday, May 03, 2007

Have you ever felt accompanied, even when you're alone?

I had once in 2001 when I was lost in a jungle. While I was taking a rest from walking without any certain direction, I found a beautiful flower next to the place where I was sitting. It's blooming from the ground in the heap of dry leaves. I didn't know what flower it was. It was very impressive and looked like a subject which wanted to say something to me. As if the lonely flower said, "I am here with you!" I was entertained and felt accompanied by that flower.

What actually occured in my mind was I felt accompanied by someone in whom I believed. I did not worry about being lost lonely in the jungle then. Even a flower could be a partner of communication though it's just internally. I think, it was a process of internal communication in a sense of symbolism. The flower had became a symbol for the presence of God. It presented my memories of God with his words, the words of accompaniment.

"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." - Matthew 28,20. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments